1. Beauty: Beautiful foliage of various colors, at different times of the year.
2. Low Maintenance: Most need an annual prune.
3. Versatility: Great in mass plantings, or as a specimen plant. Full sun and shade.
4. Diversity: From 3” to 10’, they can be used in all parts of the garden
5. Drought Tolerant Most are low water users (once established).
6. Pest Resistance: Most are pest resistant including deer.
7. Habitat: For birds, who enjoy the seeds.
8. Movement: Swaying foliage/ flowers gives movement to your landscape.
9. Long Living: Long living and easy to grow.
10. Very, Very Green: stabilize slopes, roots regenerate every several years.